- The types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites (collectively, our "Services"); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party, such as fitness centers where you work out and social networks that you use in connection with our Services. We encourage you to consult directly with such third-parties about their privacy practices.
I. The information we collect and how we use it
We exclusively collect several types of information from and about users while they are using our services, including information:
a. By which you may be personally identified; and/or
b. About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details.
We collect this information:
a. Directly from you when you provide it to us; and/or
b. Automatically as you navigate through our Services (information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies).
The information provided by you to us
- Your account information: Your full name, email address, postal code, password and any other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You may optionally provide us with this information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In such cases, we fetch and store you make available to us through these sign-in services.
- Your content: Information you provide through our services, including your body parameters like height, weight and age, along with your medical history if any and also your current medical and physical conditions, also your food and workout preferences and your fitness assessment related data and other information you provide on our Services, and other information in your account profile.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used.
- Your communication: Communication between you and our services in the form of emails, texts or any other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
We use the information you provide to us to enhance the functionality and improve the quality of our Services, and to personalize your experience while using our Services. We also use this information to display relevant information, provide support to you, communicate with you, and comply with our legal obligations.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Services, and about your use of the Services, even if you use the Services without registering or logging in.
- Usage information: Details of your use of our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through our Services.
- Computer and device information: Information about your computer, Internet connection and mobile device, including your IP address, operating systems, platforms, browser type, other browsing information (connection, speed, connection type etc.), device type, device’s unique device identifier, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored information and files: Our applications also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your mobile device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location information: Our applications collect real-time information about the location of your device, as permitted by you.
- Mobile device IDs: Unique mobile device identifier (e.g. IDFA or other device IDs on Apple devices like the iPhone and iPad), if you’re using our Services on a mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our applications, track the number of advertisements displayed, measure advertising performance and display advertisements that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications.
- Your activity on the Services: Information about your activity on the Services, such as your search queries, comments, domain names, search results selected, number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, how long you visited our Services, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
Cookies and Other Electronic Tools
Information from Third Parties
II. How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Process and respond to your queries
- Understand our users (what they do on our Services, what features they like, how they use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Services (such as by personalizing content to your interests), and process to make it a worthwhile experience.
- Curate a highly personalized fitness plan for you.
- Provide you with your growth in terms of fitness so that you can assess better.
- Administer our Services and diagnose technical problems.
- Send you communications that you have requested or that may be of interest to you.
- Generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our user base and Service usage patterns.
- Administer contests and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with customer support.
- Provide you with notices about your account.
- Notify you about changes to our Services.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
III. How we share the information we collect
- To the service providers, and other third-parties whom we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of 98Fit’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by 98Fit about the users of our Services are among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with outside businesses/ service providers that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you emails and messages on behalf of other 98Fit members, push notifications to your mobile device on our behalf, provide voice recognition services to process your spoken queries and questions, help us analyze use of our Services, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for us. We may share information about you with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- Social Networks. If you interact with social media features on our Services, such as the Facebook Like button, or use your social media credentials to log-in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of the Services, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of 98Fit, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
IV. Analytics and tailored advertising
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party web analytics on our Services, such as Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the “Automatically-Collected Information” Section above. The information collected by this technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate our users’ use of the Services. We also use Google Analytics as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from collecting or using your information, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Do Not Track
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the above links to the NAI "Consumer Opt-out", DAA opt-out, and Google opt-out. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
V. Choices about how we use and disclose your information
VI. Communications choices
When you sign up for an account, you are opting in to receive emails from businesses, and 98Fit itself. You can log in to manage your email preferences and you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions in commercial email messages, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, service notices, or legal notices from 98Fit.
VII. Reviewing, changing or deleting information
If you would like to review, change or delete personal information we have collected from you, or permanently delete your account, please use the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of every page, or contact the undersigned.
VIII. Accessing & correcting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to any subsequent updates and us.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way, which infringes any applicable legal requirement.
Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law of your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
IX. Security: How we protect your information
We assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your 98Fit account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
X. Children Under 13
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 or market to or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a person submitting personal information is under 13, we will delete the account and any related information as soon as possible. . If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
XI. Third party links and services
XIII. Compliance with data protection regulations
XIV. Data retention and account termination
XV. Job applicants
If your information is submitted to us through our Service when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used to consider your application. We may retain your information for any period of time. This information may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
XVII. Contact us
H-50, First Floor,
New Delhi - 110015
Contact No: +91 9971003939